Search This Blog

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Green Day 21st Century Breakdown


Well I have had the chance to listen to Green Day's newest effort. With every release Green Day has done, I have always awaited them like a little kid. Just like when I was a teenager awaiting a new Jam, SLF, Clash lp. What are my impressions? This is real good. Though I think that this is something that the more you listen, the more it grows on you. Albums like that have "classic" written all over it. They have pulled out all of their influences on this one. They visit The Who, Kinks, to The Jam, Clash, Buzzcocks and Dickies. Absolutely a winner. Nice one Gilman boys!!
Ken

2 comments:

  1. Have also had a chance to give this a few spins and will agree that it is a great lp. Very much like American Idiot Part 2 and equally as great. Green Day produces another classic!

    Angry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't downloaded this yet but I probably will. American Idiot was surprisingly very good. Poor old Green Day get alot of flack just because they are successful. Good luck to em I say.

    ReplyDelete