Search This Blog

Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Straps- Brave New Anger

Been a Straps fan for some time now....some time meaning that I am 49 and got into them in the early 80's. That is a long time! I own all of their vynil as well as I have their cd that Capt. Oi! put out that had all of their recorded material as well as their excellent and hard to find In Love With The New World Order. This however is a different animal entirely. From what I have had the pleasure of hearing, knocks me off my feet. Interesting note here, I do hear MGE or Black Album era Damned creeping in.....and that is a good thing. Funny that a band exist for so long and all of sudden have a bonafide classic on their hands, not that their earlier material was bad, on the contrary, it was heads and shoulders better than many of their counterparts....legendary stuff really. I will be getting a copy of this as soon as it comes out. This WILL be in my top 10 list this year, no doubt! And that is heady praise since 2013 really seems to be a great year for punky tunes. This will be available by the time Rebellion roles around in Aug. Please get this, you will not be disappointed in the least.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review ..We are very exited about this album .We put a lot of work into it.Its been a few years since we released an album , so we thought it had better be good haha.Once again thankyou for your kind words. Jock..

    ReplyDelete