Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Chelsea-Underwraps

Well, I thought I'd post this because you don't see it around too much. I bought this lp about 5 years ago and had to buy a turntable that plugs into my computer just to hear it. I own everything that Chelsea has put out and consider myself pretty knowledgeable fan. After their S/T, Alternative Hits and Evacuate, Chelsea started to slump. I really like Original Sinners, and thought Rocks Off had a couple of moments, but truth be told, they were going down hill. I have read that some guy named Willy Grip who played keyboards for Gene was the one writing most of the songs....Well the guy was no James Stevenson or Nic Austin that is for sure. This leads up to Underwraps.....Ummmm well this album is better than Rocks Off but still is lacking something. Nice to see Topper Headon making a guest appearance on here too. If you want to check out later day Chelsea then you should pick up The Alternative, Traitors Gate and their latest effort Faster, Cheaper and Better Looking. Still this album is one that you need to have in your collection to say you have it.
Ken

http://www.mediafire.com/?rrmmynmjmne

6 comments:

  1. hi. just wanted to say thanks for this. i love there early stuff but have never actually heard this one. thanks again. Guesty

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome. would you be so kind to post "The Alternative" too? that's the last album I don't have in my collection

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon, no problem on The Aletnative. If you don't see it posted in the next few days, shout out a reminder. That is album is real good. Nic Austin who played on Evacuate plays on that one too.
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Rocks Off on CD!

    Agree with comments above, Ken. Chelsea lost the plot after Original Sinners came out in 1985. The Alternative redeemed them but Nic Austin didn't hang about for long. Traitor's Gate from 1994 is a good album if you can find it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gene October released a great solo album in 1994 entitled Life and Struggle. Glen Matlock and James Stephenson both play on it.

    ReplyDelete