Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2010

RIP Jay Reatard

Wow. Crazy news today. Jay Reatard found dead by his roomate in his bedroom. To be honest, I am a Johnny come lately with Jay Reatard. But from my short time listening to his music, I can really see the comparisons to TV Smith and The Adverts. What bums me out is that this guy had something going for himself. Just listen to the album Watch Me Fall. Short of a masterpiece I think. RIP kid, such a sad day to hear about someone so talented die at such a young age. What bothers me the most is that there will be no more great albums to wait for by this genius.
Ken

2 comments:

  1. That are killing news, I was always into his music. I own all his stuff. Well, Jay had a special style - yes, like The Adverts.
    Rest in peace Jay, hope you meet Sid and Johnny.

    Thanks for the information.
    Rosenkohl1977 born in 1963

    ReplyDelete
  2. great music with all his bands. will miss you

    ReplyDelete