Search This Blog

Saturday, December 25, 2010

UK Subs-Work In Progress




This is to be released on Jan. 10th. Do yourself a favor and get it. I have listened to bits of this on Amazon as a preview and I have to say that this is a pretty damn good album. While I am partial to Nicky's playing, Jet does a fine job. This album is a tad more varied and I think this is what makes this album work. The beauty of the first 4 albums had the same idea. Not every song needs to scorch a hole in your brain. Even more cool is that you get a Subs rendition of The Sonics classic, Stychnine! I am stoked to get this! Well done Charlie and the boys!! Below is the link for you to hear pieces of each song.
Ken
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004GECNXS/ref=dm_sp_alb

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm Interesting stuff. Who'd have thought all those years ago that Charlie might acutally make it to the end of the alphabet? I know I didn't....good on him.

    Cheers for the head up Ken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ONLY AVAILABLE AS DOWNLOAD ON THE 10TH WTF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Original release is scheduled for the 28th

    ReplyDelete
  4. F*****ck, I remember seeing these guys at the Olympic Auditorium (L.A.)in 86' at The Jane St. Rock Hotel back in 85'(N.Y.C.), then later at the Mabuhay Gardens (or maybe at The Stone, across the street,in Frisco; I was too drunk back then to be certain)in 88' & 89'.

    Still have my first Subs album (The Demonstration Tapes)too, as well as my Nicky Garratt autographed 45 of the single "Police State."

    Amazing that at 67 the legendary frontman, Charlie Harper, is not only keeping the band going, but from what I read, doing 150 to 200 gigs a year! Hope I have that kind of energy when I'm 67. Hell, I wish I had half of it NOW!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frank, doubt it was the Mab...too small of a place. Though it could have been upstairs at The On Broadway...but if it was 88 or 89 I think it was closed by then. Could have been The Stone...in fact was that when they were touring Mad Cow Fever??? Crap album but that was the time frame. I have seen them 3 times in 10 years with Nick, Charlie, and Alan playing and they were amazing...still. Nick still jumps around like he is crazy!
    Ken Days Of Our Youth

    ReplyDelete