Search This Blog

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Joe Strummer-Earthquake Weather


I have been listening to allot of Joe Strummer solo stuff and also some Mescaleros too. I am in need of a Clash fix or so it seems. I just want some new Clash stuff, but alas, that will not happen as we all know why. You see The Clash in 1979 turned me onto the music that I listen to today. That album was London Calling and I have never turned back since. Sure I listen to offshoots of punk ie Oi and thrashy UK82 type stuff as well as hardcore, but truth be told, the class of 1977 is everything as any good ole lover of no holds bar rocknroll should listen to. Besides The Clash, my next love was The Jam and they will always be my favorites. I should also mention The Buzzcocks too, but if it weren't for The Clash then I would probably be listening to Aerosmith or Leo Sayer. About this record: I just got this the other day, and I have to admit that it is damn good. Mix The Clash with The Mescaleros and this is pretty much what you would have. I know that one track was written during Cut The Crap and it makes me wonder what The Clash would come up with. I am very disappointed in myself that I never bought this when it came out, it is that good! Anyways I know that it has been posted on some boards but I just wanted to pay my respects to the man that shaped my music world.
RIP Joe.
Ken

3 comments:

  1. This is one of my all time favourite albums. Classic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed guys. What sucks is I just keep looking back at stuff to listen to instead of what is the future. Guess I am getting old

    ReplyDelete