Search This Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Forgotten


Went to see my old band in my new town. Had many beers and saw some great bands last night. First up were Hounds and Harlots. I think they are from San Francisco but I am not sure. Nice guys and a band that will be packing them in pretty soon. I really like their set alot. Here's to hoping that I see them again!! Next up were The Disciples from the Oakland area??? Sammy from Fang is there lead vocals for this 5 piece and they were pretty damn good. Mix some blues, thrash, rocknroll and you will have an idea of what they sound like. Another band that will be packing them in sooner than later. Los Dry Heaves are from the Watsonville area and they are a mix of Oi and thrash ala Agnostic Front or Discipline. This was the second time that I have seen them and they were amazing. Some songs are sung in Spanish and this just lends to their stage show. Tight, fast agressive punk rock the way it is supposed to be played!! Lastly we had my old band The Forgotten up. They played alot of stuff off the self titled album, some stuff in between and some off of their great newish album. The crowd had thinned somewhat by the time they went on, but the guys soldiered on and played a good set. Why do venues have bands go on at 1pm???? No clue. Oh the pic above is Gordy and myself taken with my 3 megapixel camera phone. You'd think that after all these years, these damn things can do better than this. I look fat!
Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment