Search This Blog

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Green Day 21st Century Breakdown


Ok I admit that I am a huge Green Day fan. One of my old bands back in the halycon days of 924 Gilman St. would support them quite regularly. Even then I knew that they were something special. Well here we go with their new one that is due out in May entitled 21st Century Breakdown. This is their much anticpated release since the amazing American Idiot album. To say that I am very excited is an understatment. You might not like them for whatever reasons that you have, but their is no denying what influences they bring to the table, like The Ramones, Buzzcocks, Dickies, etc. Punk fucking Rock!
Ken

3 comments:

  1. I can realize the ridiculousness of their grandiose rock star ambitions and still love the bastards can't I?

    P.S. What was you Gilman-era band?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeffen, nothing that you would have heard of. We played their a bunch. Pretty much 3rd division stuff there. My other two bands were of note for one reason or another. Op Ivy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on this one Kenny. Along with the new Nofx and Rancid (which are both coming soon also) I can't wait for this release. Green Day is awesome.

    ReplyDelete