Search This Blog

Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Cockney Rejects-The Wild Ones


How many out there know that this is one of my favorite albums? Yep The Cockney Rejects go hard rock in 1982. Must have been all the hanging out with the guys from UFO or Iron Maiden huh (aren't they all Hammer fans too?). From what I remember reading, Gal Bushell gave this an outstanding review in Sounds back in the day, so I guess my taste is good huh?? Or not. Well I will say this, that their version of Motorhead is quite fantastic, and IMHO I would have loved for them to follow more in that vein, but this album is soooo good I will forgive this small issue. The opening track The Way Of The Rocker just plain scorches!! Some reading this might be shrugging their shoulders asking WTF! But hey this is Kennyhel77, and I like what I like damnit. So there!



http://rapidshare.com/files/181907653/The_Wild_Ones.rar





7 comments:

  1. Cheers for this. I'll give it another try after all these years. Must admit I didn't like it at the time but hey I didn't like Fairport Convention either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little over the 1 year anniversary for this one eh? I don't know what got me thinking of em' but today after I woke up, The Greatest Cockney Rip-off started playing in my head. Eventually after making the rounds on Google & Wiki, to check their current status, I ended up here. Seen that their website is long gone and their last effort seems to be Unforgiven(2007-08), which from the youtube clips I heard, didnt leave me feeling too good. However the album this blog was one of their best! Didn't like it much at first. I was a diehard punk rocker. Later though, it became one of my favorites. Don't know how I've managed this long without it! Thanks for the rapidshare upload, I'm going to try it again later when the server isnt so busy. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frank I don't know if the Rapidshare file is current or not. If you have troubles downloading this let me know and I will re-uo this for you on mediafire on Sunday. Oh and your assesment of their album Unforgvien is correct. Not too good!!! I just purchased a live album of theirs and the sound quality sucked too. Oh well.
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries mate! The file worked fine (initially I was trying to dl it during a "high traffic" time). Great to hear all those old tunes again. The whole album is rock solid! Putting em' all on the mp3 today. Thanks again. I'll be subscribing to your blog as well. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your welcome Frank. Enjoy the album. I love it too!!
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think his called Garry Bushell :)

    ReplyDelete