Search This Blog

Friday, January 16, 2009

the Futureheads This Is Not The World


Just got the 2008 release of The Futureheads This Is Not The World. I had a nice list of best releases for '08 and if I had gotten this last year, it would have been in my top 10. What you have is the best of what The Jam, Chords, Vapors could do. Not that this is steeped in nostaglia or a new Mod Revival but just good, catchy, power poppin punk rock. Definately not for the spikey hair, dog on a rope crowd here, but for those that dig good music. I should make a disclaimer on what I just said. I do dig music like that but I also like music that has a crafted melody and such. Maybe that is why my favorite bands are like The Damned, Clash, Pistols, Buzzcocks, Adverts, Boys, THE JAM, Chords, etc. Anyways if you come across this album, buy it!!!!

1 comment:

  1. As we like the same bands, im asured that this is a good one

    click

    ReplyDelete